General requirement for Citizenship (By conferral)
To become an Australian citizen, you need to meet the following certain requirements:
- you are a permanent resident at time of application and time of decision
- meet the residence requirement: an applicant for Australian citizenship will need to demonstrate a minimum of four years permanent residence immediately prior to their application for citizenship
- you are of good character
- you have a competent knowledge of English
- you intend to reside or maintain a close and continuing association with Australia
- you have an adequate knowledge of the responsibilities and privileges of Australian citizenship.
If you are 60 years of age or over you are not required to sit the citizenship test.
How we can help?
At FortuneChance, our migration professionals can assist you with:
- Assessing and determining your eligibility
- Preparing and gathering the supporting documents by providing a detailed document checklist
- Certifying true copies for you
- Preparing and lodging your application
- Responding to any queries from the Department of Home Affairs