Working Holiday Visa

The Working Holiday visa (subclass 417) program is to encourage cultural exchange and closer ties between arrangement countries by allowing young persons to have an extended holiday supplemented by short term employment, with special focus on regional Australia.


  • stay in Australia for up to 12 months
  • work in Australia, generally for up to six months with each employer
  • study for up to four months
  • leave and re-enter Australia any number of times while the visa is valid


  • have not previously entered Australia on a Work and Holiday (Temporary) visa (subclass 462)
  • have turned 18 years of age but have not yet turned 31
  • are a genuine visitor who wants to have a holiday in Australia
  • have enough money to:
    • support living during the working holiday (about AUD 5000)
    • have enough money to buy a return or onward travel ticket at the end of the stay
  • will not be accompanied by dependent children at any time during the stay
  • The applicant’s partner can accompany him/her to Australia, but they will need to apply for their own visa
  • To apply for a second Working Holiday (Temporary) visa (subclass 417), you must:

    • have complied with all the conditions on your first Working Holiday visa
    • have not previously held more than one Working Holiday visa
    • have completed three months of specified work in regional Australia while on your first Working Holiday visa
    • have not yet turned 31 years of age.

    If you are already in Australia, and wish to remain onshore, you should apply for a second Working Holiday visa before your current visa expires and before you have turned 31 years of age.

  • a valid passport holder of the following countries:
    • Belgium
    • Canada
    • Republic of Cyprus
    • Denmark
    • Estonia
    • Finland
    • France
    • Germany
    • Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China (including British National Overseas passport holders)
    • Republic of Ireland
    • Italy
    • Japan
    • Republic of Korea
    • Malta
    • Netherlands
    • Norway
    • Sweden
    • Taiwan
    • United Kingdom

How FortuneChance can help?

We offer visa application and settlement supporting services for working holidaymakers. Please click here for details or contact us if you have any inquires.