The Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485) is for international students who have recently graduated from an Australian educational institution.
- It allows international graduate to live, study and work in Australia temporarily without restrictions
- can only apply once (hold a student visa for his/her first time)
- can include partner/dependent children in application
- does not require the support of an employer sponsor, an Australian relative sponsor or a nominating State/Territory
Two available steams (cannot be changed once selected)
- Graduate Work stream (“GWS”)
- open to graduates with an eligible qualification, including those from the Vocational Education and Training (“VET”) sector
- skills assessment is required
- duration of stay: 18 months from the visa grant date
- Post-study Work stream (“PSWS”) – for student visa applied on or after 5 Nov 2011
- open to overseas students who have recently graduated with an eligible higher education degree from an Australian educational institution, regardless of their field of study.
- NO skills assessment is required
- duration of stay: 2 years (Bachelor/Masters by Coursework), 3 years (Masters by Research) or 4 years (Doctorate) from the visa grant date
- The main applicant must be under 50 years of age
- hold an eligible visa
- English reaches IELTS 6.0 or equivalent in all bands
- have a recent qualification in a CRICOS-registered course within 6 months after the completion date
How FortuneChance can help?
This visa does NOT lead to permanent residence pathway, yet it is a good way to extend your stay in Australia and improve their chances to be eligible to apply for skilled migration.
Are you looking for a pathway that can lead you to permanent residency? FortuneChance Migration can help. We offer strategic migration services to international graduates. Not only do we assist in applying your temporary visa, but also provide professional advice and formulate strategies to boost your points and maximise your chance to accomplish your goals.